LIVED EXPERIENCE, REAL SUPPORT
We provide “Intentional Peer Support”
What is Intentional Peer Support?
It is all about conversation
- We listen to and value your stories (personal journey)
- We are fully present to your issues and concerns
- We share our story of recovery to help you achieve yours
- We support you in developing strategies or steps forward
- We provide quality information and positive empowerment to build connections
- We have no pre-determined outcomes or expectations
- We respect your individual ethnic, cultural and spiritual perspective
Our Peer Workers have a lived experience of mental illness or addiction and are here to support your recovery and help you achieve your goals.
Support is always available in group conversations in our lounge, or in an individual private session
“He aha te mea nui o te ao?
Maku e ki atu
He tangata, he tangata, he tangata”
“If you should ask me, what is the greatest thing in this world?
I would reply
It is people, it is people, it is people”
Individual/ Intentional Peer Support is available by appointment either:
- One on one in a private meeting room at Oasis Network Inc
- Off site if necessary e.g. at a café or community centre
- In a group setting
- Over the phone
- Through email or skype
Intentional Peer Support is free to mental health consumers living or working in the Hutt Valley and Wairarapa
Contact a peer support worker
O4 566 1601
04 566 1601
Oasis Network Inc facilitates a men’s support group on Thursdays (1:00 –3:00 The group is for men with a lived experience of mental distress/illness. The group provides a strong community experience to empower individual men to take the lead in their lives and succeed.
Contact David Stuart on 566 1601 or email: email@example.com
WOMEN’S SUPPORT GROUP
Women’s support group is now up and running on a Thursday from 10am till 12pm.
Angie Egerton 566 1601
Sue Rostron 566 1601
027 460 4795